Suggestion - List PPC OS X version on BETA 3 download page

Let us know how we are doing -
marklar

Suggestion - List PPC OS X version on BETA 3 download page

Post by marklar »

Site suggestion - List PPC OS X version on download page

I hate to admit in my haste I wasted the time and download bandwidth to download the "intel" version. Then came back and was distraught to see that there wasn't one listed. I guessed someone would've attempted a compile for PPC, so I persisted. I suspect alot of others might not...and that is confirmed with posts on other mac sites.

If you list them both next to each other you won't see people turning away in droves thinking it's not available...or downloading the wrong one, or worst of all, thinking OOO isn't for them and giving up...especially now when the OO suite is getting news attention for the 3 beta.

While Intel chips are 100% of the existing sales, note that they are still a minority in the total functioning community.

Thanks

(corrected title for clarity)
Last edited by marklar on Mon May 12, 2008 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
squenson
Volunteer

Re: Suggestion - List PPC OS X version on download page

Post by squenson »

Sorry but I do not get your point. On this official download page, http://download.openoffice.org/other.html#en-US, you clearly see the last two columns are for Mac Intel and Mac PPC.
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
marklar

Re: Suggestion - List PPC OS X version on download page

Post by marklar »

sorry for the confusion, please see this page, re: 3.0 aqua beta which is getting notice and being linked to on the news sites ( not the old X11 / 2.4):

http://download.openoffice.org/3.0beta/

Thanks
marklar

Re: Suggestion - List PPC OS X version on BETA 3 download page

Post by marklar »

any chance of taking action here?
squenson
Volunteer

Re: Suggestion - List PPC OS X version on BETA 3 download page

Post by squenson »

You are asking the wrong persons. This forum is a group of volunteers and is not directly connected to the OOo development team, nor the official OOo web site. Use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page of the link you mentioned.
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04