Strange behavior of the green solved tick mark

Let us know how we are doing -
rudolfo
Volunteer

Strange behavior of the green solved tick mark

Post by rudolfo »

There is a thread that got me pretty much confused: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 13&t=54902
The third post is showing the typical green tick mark to indicate that it is solved. When I was writing my additional comments to this thread (the 4th post) I could only see the last two posts and that was when I realized the green tick mark. Consequently I started my post with a statement about the thread being solved. But later on I figured out that the thread itself is not mark as solved.
Only the third post has the green tick mark
Only the third post has the green tick mark
After playing with the Edit option of a post I realized that one can add the tic mark to a single post and that this marked post doesn't need to be the first post in the thread. Of course the effect is that the thread itself in the summary view of the forum or subforum is shown as a normal thread and not as solved.

I might have a wrong point of view here, but I can't imagine any scenario where tagging a post that this not the initial post with one of the icons is meaningful. Does phpBB offer some configuration option to allow the icons only for the first post in the thread? If the icons can only be activated in general for any post that can be edited it would be an annoyance, though only a minor one. Because I think in all my 4 years in the forum this is the first time I come across such a constellation.

Regarding the thread in question I will write a PM to the OP and ask him if he wanted to mark the thread as solved or what else he had in mind when tagging his post as solved.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Strange behavior of the green solved tick mark

Post by floris v »

Some people find the request to edit the OP to tag it as solved very confusing and they will tag their latest post as solved instead. I've seen that happen a few times before.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Re: Strange behavior of the green solved tick mark

Post by Hagar Delest »

Well, there is nothing to prevent that indeed. Icons cannot be activated for first post AFAIK.

That's why I tend to check all new posts and tag myself the topics when needed...
There is no way to find such case else I fear.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10