Forum search - comments

Let us know how we are doing -
huw
Volunteer

Forum search - comments

Post by huw »

Perform a search from the search box at top right. Don't get result you are looking for, so click Advanced search link. Contents of search box are not carried over to the new dialogue. Likewise when clicking any Return to advanced search link. Many sites do carry over, and it is nice. Is it possible here?

Advanced Search is just called Search when you get there - a bit confusing.

Display results as: is not a sticky setting. I nearly always want Topics not Posts. Could it be made sticky?
Hagar Delest

Re: Forum search - comments

Post by Hagar Delest »

huw wrote:Display results as: is not a sticky setting. I nearly always want Topics not Posts. Could it be made sticky?
Already addressed here: Search results display but I think it has been discussed elsewhere because in my mind, Drew was checking what could be done for that.

I agree with first part also. Personally, I never use the search box, always the advanced search and either middle-click to open the threads in new tabs (yes, again that topic), else I use the back button of my browser.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
bhmt

Re: Forum search - comments

Post by bhmt »

huw wrote: Contents of search box are not carried over to the new dialogue.
A "trick" I use is to select the words I wrote (double-click or wipe with the mouse), copy (or ctrl-c), and when at the new location, paste (or ctrl-v).

That works in SO many situations.