[Solved] The Website Download's page does not load

Let us know how we are doing -
joelcanova

[Solved] The Website Download's page does not load

Post by joelcanova »

I downloaded Open office, and

A) its rather asinine that the program does not come with a single resume template.
B) It keeps linking me to an error page to download one.

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/ DOES NOT WORK. Going to the Openoffice.org website and clicking downloads, extensions, DOES NOT WORK. Searching in google for openoffice templates and clicking the link there, DOES NOT WORK.

The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

So basically the program comes with none of the normal templates, and its imposable to add any. So i start looking for a way to report that the website does not work, only, that part dosn't work to! The help links eventually lead you to something called 'Project Kenya'... no clue what that is, no help in site.

And then, when you click the 'Contact us' link there is a short paragraph that says, 'A majority of the new users to our site will find their support questions answered Here' and it links you to....

http://www.openoffice.org/nonav/servlets/HelpTOC
Not Found
The page you were looking for doesn't exist.
You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.
« back | home »

Epic.

So, 2 hours of randomly clicking everything later, here i am. The hoops you have to jump through, not to mention signing up for 3 different sites just to post a comment, is insane.

Oh, and PS. Your websites broken.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Hagar Delest

Re: The Website Download's page does not load

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Indeed, the extension area is down (was fine a couple of days ago). This is a special part of the OOo domain (not hosted on the ASF servers in fact). There are discussions on the ooo-dev mailing list about what should be its content if on ASF servers (haven't checked the details however).

As a workaround, you can check the LibO extensions site: http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center

Else, you should try to search the web for other places about templates until the extension area is back online.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
JaybirdFox

Post by JaybirdFox »

I know this is a very old topic, but i've been having the same problems (or at least simular to it). When i try to get new templates, or extensions for mu open office suite, the main page opens just fine. Its when i start clicking around is when my browser eventually says, "Internet Explorer cannot open the webpage." I followed some of the suggestions it gave me, and used help and support center, but i'm still having problems. Heck, i even messed with internet options, and went to control panel and shut down windows firewall. But i can't access certain parts of the openoffice.org website. It makesd me go crazy sometimes. :crazy: Is there any i, or you can do to help me?

However, i really have to thank whoever thought of this open source office suite. It saves me, and many others a lot of money. Great Job! :super:

Much appreicated,

JaybirdFox,
or if want to refer to my real name, then call me Cody. :D
Oxygen Office 3.1 installed on windows 64x bit
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

Are you talking about downloads, templates or extensions? In the latter 2 cases at least many people have had problems. You just have to persist. The problems are getting attention but a lot of work is needed on the oo.o website. You could find threads about the subject very easily.

Incidentally, I understand this board is for problems with the forum site, not the oo.o domain which is normally discussed on the 'General' board.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux