[Solved] Limiting the Posts that I receive?

Let us know how we are doing -
Carver22

[Solved] Limiting the Posts that I receive?

Post by Carver22 »

I am a new subscriber and am very happy with the help I have received. However, I am receiving posts on many topics that are well beyond my area of interest (and understanding). Is there a way to limit the posts that I receive?
Last edited by Carver22 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carver22
Open Office Version 3.4.4
Windows 7 64-bit
RoryOF

Re: Limiting the Posts that I receive?

Post by RoryOF »

Don't tick the "Subscribe topic" box under any topics you are interested in. Leave it alone! now you can just log on to the Forum and follow the general discussions, or click "View your posts" at screen top to see threads in which you have posted.

If you have subscribed to any topics using the Subscribe box, go to that topic and just click once in that box to unsubscribe. I find the icon reversed on what I expect. If I subscribe, the box is cleared, if I unsubscribe the box is ticked.
Last edited by RoryOF on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Carver22

Post by Carver22 »

RoryOF,

Thank you for your suggestions. As far as I know I have not subscribed to any topics, but I will take a closer look
Carver22
Windows 7 64-bit
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Carver22 wrote: As far as I know I have not subscribed to any topics, but I will take a closer look
In that case, it would be helpful to see one reply, which you could attach to a posting. I suggest that you blank out your actual email address - XXXXing it would be OK.
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

It's also possible that you have subscribed to a forum, for instance Writer - in that case you can expect a flood of mails. You can click User Control Panel and then select Manage subscriptions. That will list all forums and topics that you're watching.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I had forgotten about that option, floris v, as I never subscribe to Forum topics - I check the Forum page instead.
Carver22

Post by Carver22 »

Manage Subscriptions shows that I am not subscribed to any Forums and am not following any topics.

When I went to check all of the messges that I have received, all of them are from LiibreOffice. I do not quite understand the relationship between OpenOffice and LibreOffice, but I will take a close look at LibreOffice.

Thank you for your help!
Carver22
Windows 7 64-bit
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Similar to that one: How do I delete a mailing list subscription?.
You certainly have subscribed to the LibO mailing list. In this case, you should have the instructions to unsubscribe in the first mail.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Carver22

Re: [Solved] Limiting the Posts that I receive?

Post by Carver22 »

I thought that this issue was solved. However, I am still getting a good many email messages from the following address: global.libreoffice.org

When I follow instructions and try to unsubscribe, I receive the following message: From: users+help@global.libreoffice.org Hi, this is the mlmmj program managing the mailinglist users@global.libreoffice.org You are not subscribed to this list, so you cannot unsubscribe.

What must I do to unsubscribe from global.libreoffice.org ?
Carver22
Windows 7 64-bit
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

One reason why I use a disposable address for mailing lists. When you received the 'welcome' email, it probably contained a list of addresses which you should email for one reason or another. There may be an address for the 'owner' of the list or some other contact where a human being will deal with your issue. Otherwise, try emailing the list.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Carver22

Post by Carver22 »

When I go to LibreOffice I cannot sign in. It does not recognize my email address. So I am not able to send a message to any of the LibreOffice links while using the email address I used to register there. How can I communicate with LibreOffice while I am signed in here?
Carver22
Windows 7 64-bit
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Carver22 wrote:How can I communicate with LibreOffice while I am signed in here?
You can't.

You have to unsubscribe with the same mail address as the one use to subscribe to their mailing list.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

A quick fix is to set up a filter on your email client which routes any emails from an unwanted source direct to the trash can. How one does this depends on the email reader one is using. They continue to come in, but at least one doesn't see them cluttering up the In box.
Carver22

Post by Carver22 »

Hagar,

I understand what you are saying is correct. However, when I send unsubscribe messages to LibreOffice from the email address I used to register, I receive a response saying that I am not registered there.

RoryOF,

Your suggestion may be the only solution though I wish I did not have to unsubscribe it that way.
Carver22
Windows 7 64-bit
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

OK, it was just to be sure you are using the same address.

If you still have the first mail when you subscribed, you can check if there is a "help" address. Else, just post on the mailing list saying that you've already tried to send the mail to the unsubscribe address (try to forward one of them for example.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

thomasjk wrote:Maybe this page will help http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mai ... subscribe/.
Carver22 wrote:Hagar,

I understand what you are saying is correct. However, when I send unsubscribe messages to LibreOffice from the email address I used to register, I receive a response saying that I am not registered there.

RoryOF,

Your suggestion may be the only solution though I wish I did not have to unsubscribe it that way.
Did you click the link posted by thomasjk? It opens a page telling you who to contact as a last resort if the unsubscribe instructions don't work (see the bottom of the page). Did you do that?
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Is it possible that you're receiving replies from the forum at LibreOfficeforum.org or some other forum instead of this forum or the LO mailing lists?
Carver22

Post by Carver22 »

The return address from the mail I am receiving is users@global.libreoffice.org
Carver22
Windows 7 64-bit