[Solved] Forum trashcan?

Let us know how we are doing -
user957

[Solved] Forum trashcan?

Post by user957 »

I posted a message in this section regarding word databases but it has now disappeared. Is there a forum trashcan that I'm not finding? Why was it deleted?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.1.0 on Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Forum trashcan?

Post by Villeroy »

There is a moderation log which tracks all actions where moderators edit/delete someone else's posting. I can not find any topic by keywords "word database". All info I can find is that moderator Hagar Delest has edited your topic “[Solved] How to: read a Y-value for an X-value?” 3 times.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
user957

Post by user957 »

Thanks, although that's an old topic. My question was whether there is a scientific dictionary for OO (mainly biology and chemistry), since I get a lot of red markings when writing scientific papers. I called these "Word databases" because I didn't know the correct term for it at the time. The example I gave was "Parthenogenesis" which is marked as misspelled.

Now that I know it's an extension I'll post a message in that section.

Thanks.
Last edited by user957 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 3.1.0 on Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Yes, I remember, but I can not explain what happened to your posting. This is the first time I see a topic vanishing without a trace.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

In the top of the page, there is a View your posts link that lists all your posts. It seems that your topic has been moved in the extension section (not by me). Or perhaps you had posted there initially: Science dictionary. Note that you should have got a mail notification since there is a reply.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Villeroy wrote:Yes, I remember, but I can not explain what happened to your posting. This is the first time I see a topic vanishing without a trace.
Several times I have posted and the posting never showed up. I just put it down to my acting on autopilot and doing something stupid when fatigued, but it might be more than that.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
acknak

Post by acknak »

Also, on (rare) occasion, topic titles are changed by a moderator. If you're scanning for the original title, you may miss it.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I checked the moderator log and neither has this topic been moved nor renamed...

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Villeroy wrote:Yes, I remember, but I can not explain what happened to your posting. This is the first time I see a topic vanishing without a trace.
What I remembered was: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=131699
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Villeroy wrote:
What I remembered was: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=131699
+1
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum