[Solved] More smilies animation...

Let us know how we are doing -
ginger_stacey

[Solved] More smilies animation...

Post by ginger_stacey »

hi everyone! I was just wondering if the higher offs of the community make the other smilies move too? looks cute... ^^ especially the wink.. i love it so much... ayt! ;) ;) ;)
Last edited by ginger_stacey on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 2.2 in MS-XP-PRO
Hagar Delest

Re: More smilies animation...

Post by Hagar Delest »

Well, we tend to spend much energy on helping others than having fun with smileys...
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

And they give some of us indigestion!!
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RPG
Volunteer

Post by RPG »

Hello

I don't like smilies. So I don't need more. In the beginning I did even misunderstand some smilies.

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Others really dislike the animation:
is there any way to get rid of those extremely annoying animated pictures
How to eliminate all the annoying smilies?
so I think it's best to not introduce any more. A few people have managed to get animation in their avatar. That's very distracting, so I immediately close their topic and move on to something else. They don't get any help from me. A few months ago we had another poster who decorated questions with lots of underlining, bold, very large fonts, etc. There were replies recommending the poster to tone it down because they were less likely to get any assistance with their question when it was formatted that way. So simple and to the point is better.

I also dislike the animated smilies but have learned to ignore them (most of the time). I have them turned off as much as possible in my User Control Panel but unfortunately they still appear when I reply. I would guess that almost all of the regular contributors would prefer to have the animation removed from all smilies. They may be cute at first, but quickly become a bother.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

MrProgrammer wrote:A few people have managed to get animation in their avatar. That's very distracting, so I immediately close their topic and move on to something else.
Personally, I've switched off the display of the avatars (in UCP). I guess that the answers are more neutral then.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

And don't get me started on the ones with animation in their signature...
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
aqualung
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] More smilies animation...

Post by aqualung »

Easy fix to turn off animated .gif's in Firefox:

type about:config in the address bar, then change

image.animation_mode

from default to none

If at some point you want animated gif's to show again, change the setting back from none to default.
OOo 3.3.0, Windows 7 64-bit SP1, planning to add LibreOffice after a bug-fix version of 3.4 is released.
Has your question been answered? Please go back to the message at the top of the thread and mark it as [SOLVED].