[Solved] Problem logging on to this forum

Let us know how we are doing -
Richarda44

[Solved] Problem logging on to this forum

Post by Richarda44 »

Its a great forum and I have been successfully using and contributing to it for a few years.

But last week I tried to log on with my usual name and password but was told I had tried to log on too many times. This meant I could not post my predicament or inform the administrators because that needed logging in. So I pressed the lost password option and now have to remember a new password. That seems the only way to get reconnected.

There is a limit to the number of passwords I can remember at my age. Can I be returned to using my old one?

any help appreciated thanks

Richard
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OOo 4.1.1. bld 9593 on MS Windows 10 64 SP1 Chillblast fusion i5 and Acer Aspire E1-572 Laptop

There's got to be a better way
And for all accountants - The change is coming
acknak

Re: Problem logging on to this forum

Post by acknak »

The "too many logins" problem was triggered by hackers trying to guess users' passwords. That should be a warning to avoid simple passwords like "123456".

You can always change your password back to the old one: use the "User Control Panel" or click here: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... eg_details
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Richarda44

Re: Problem logging on to this forum

Post by Richarda44 »

many thanks acknak
OOo 4.1.1. bld 9593 on MS Windows 10 64 SP1 Chillblast fusion i5 and Acer Aspire E1-572 Laptop

There's got to be a better way
And for all accountants - The change is coming