Smilies and avatars

Let us know how we are doing -
floris v
Volunteer

Smilies and avatars

Post by floris v »

I was wondering - would it be possible to grab the graphics from the old forum (OOoForum.org)? Their smilies are better than the set here. Also the set of avatar graphics in the gallery is rather petite. ;)
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Re: Smilies and avatars

Post by DrewJensen »

We can ask.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Great. :D
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Actually before I leave this subject -

There are smilies and avatars available in great numbers, so:

What are you looking for in Avatars that you don't find here? What is petite, do you mean that there aren't many choices or that you think the choices are too feminine? ( could not think of a better word there..I am just trying to understand what you meant )
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

The number of (useful) graphics for avatars is very small - I had picked a chick from the cartoons section in the oooforums.org gallery. I'd like to use it here as well, but I don't want to steal it. 8-) It was very late when I started this thread, and I could have expressed myself better.
Nederlandstalig forum
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Well, speaking for myself, I prefer the smilies set here.
On the French forum, they've additional ones that are also really nice :
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Those are great; and my belated compliments for your avatar, Hagar, I love it. I'd like to have my chicken here though, without stealing it from oooforum.
Nederlandstalig forum
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

There are dozens and dozens of avatar sets available for phpBB on the internet - if someone has a particular one they want included here they should drop me a line with a link to where the set can be found, as long as it fits our size limits 80 X 80 I don't see a problem adding it..we have space on the disk.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

DrewJensen wrote:There are dozens and dozens of avatar sets available for phpBB on the internet - if someone has a particular one they want included here they should drop me a line with a link to where the set can be found, as long as it fits our size limits 80 X 80 I don't see a problem adding it..we have space on the disk.
The size limit on oooforum.org is 80 X 80, 6KB, but the User Control Panel here says 90 X 90, 16KB. Is 90 X 90 correct, or is it 80 X 80?
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

floris v wrote:Those are great; and my belated compliments for your avatar, Hagar, I love it.
Thanks. Wait for the Christmas one, I'm very proud of it. I'll switch in few days I think.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

OK - I'm losing it...it is 90 x 90 and 16 K....hmmm...really thought we moved that down to 80 x 80...but..I guess I did not.

Well, I haven't heard any one complaining about the board being slow...I am inclined to leave it then the way it is...