Can't login other than with activation link

Let us know how we are doing -
StuartS

Can't login other than with activation link

Post by StuartS »

Hello. I signed up for the forum yesterday and today I've been unable to sigin other than using the activation (and Board URL link) that the forum sent me after registering.

When I try to login, I get this message:
"Invalid login - The login information you provided is invalid. Please enter your username and password."

I appreciate your assistance with this.

Thank You.

Stuart
OpenOffice3.2 on Windows xp
Hagar Delest

Re: Can't login other than with activation link

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Are you sure that you don't make a typing error? If you copy paste your username from a mail notification, does it work? Have you also enabled the cookies? It may help.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Re: Can't login other than with activation link

Post by acknak »

Also, double-check that you're at the correct site--the one given in the activation email. There are several forums under the same site here (for different languages) and there is another forum at oooforum.org, and they all look similar. You have to double check the URL (web address) to be certain you're at the right site.

You can also go to http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php (if you're registered for the English forum), and scroll to the bottom, there is a login available there also.

Oh, and be sure that your browser has not stored an incorrect password for the site, and is automatically providing it to the forum site.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23