[Solved] Can't login the forum

Let us know how we are doing -
AndersKvibäck

[Solved] Can't login the forum

Post by AndersKvibäck »

Hello!

I'm facing the same kind of problem ,i e I have registered, but after registration I am no longer able to see the pages. I'm trying to go through the steps in Lesson 1 - 2 in Participation Step , HiTekSchool but I can't view this page any more and some other pages I need in order to become a tester at QA department at open office.

It's hard to find a mail adress to someone resonsible for this, can you maybe give me one ?. Well , I need help with this. :)

Regards, Anders
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
anders, ooo3.1.1, windows vista
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: What do I do if I can't successfully register on the Forum?

Post by Villeroy »

Quite obviously, you registered on the English forum of user.services.openoffice.org.
All the other forums in this domain http://user.services.openoffice.org/ are administered independently by different native speakers and require a separate registration.
I need in order to become a tester at QA department at open office.
Then you should register on http://qa.openoffice.org/
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
AndersKvibäck

Post by AndersKvibäck »

Hi,

yes that is obvious. I wasn't clear here. I didn't mean the community forum. I am having problems with viewing a lot of sites at openoffice.org. I'm trying to follow the lessons in the qa department but I can't view the pages,they just don't open up any more. I need to get in touch with someone that can tell me what to do.

Regards, Anders :)
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The first thing to do is to clear your browser cache. Try also a different browser, just in case.

Edit: if you post a URL you have difficulty with, someone will try it to see is it OK. Sometimes an ISP's Domain Name Service doesn't work too well.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
AndersKvibäck

Post by AndersKvibäck »

Hi!

I changed my browser to Mozilla Firefox and that helped. Thanks a lot for your help. Now I can see the page - "participation steps". Thanks a lot. I haven't tried yet to log in to see what happens since I believe that the server sees my ISPN as spam. But at least I'm able to watch the page.

Thanks a lot again,
Anders Kvibäck :)