Possible to contact OpenOffice.org privately?

Let us know how we are doing -
marmelat

Possible to contact OpenOffice.org privately?

Post by marmelat »

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a private email address to contact admin/support people of the website, without making the inquiry public; or whether or not I could contact them through some kind of forum-PM instead. Well, the reason for this is that I would like to request a removal of a question I submitted to this site back in 2006. I can see now that it states on the "contact us" page that all emails sent to openoffice.org team will be made public. I wasn't aware of this at the time :knock: . The email I had sent back then now remains as a thread in the archive and comes up in search engines when my name or one of my projects are searched. It contains my full name and my email address and I would rather at least these to be removed from the thread, if full-removal of the thread is not possible. So I would be grateful for suggestions.
Many thanks in advance..

Flame icon removed. That icon means 'Tagged to a known issue' (TheGurkha, Moderator)
squenson
Volunteer

Re: Possible to contact OpenOffice.org privately?

Post by squenson »

On the blue toolbar of the forum, on the right, there is a link to "Members". Click on it and select any person in green, these persons are the forum administrators. Click on that name and send a PM with a link to the post you want to see edited. Note that your message will not be fully removed but your e-mail address will be obfuscated, for sure.
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

PM me if you like.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

marmelat wrote:I would like to request a removal of a question I submitted to this site back in 2006.
This forum has been launch end of 2007.

You're talking about the OOo users mailing list i guess. It's a public mailing list and I fear there is no possibility to remove anything from the archive. If you still want to try, you should contact them from the main web site. The team running this forum has no contact with the main OOo web site.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Or was it the old forum perhaps?

OOoForum.org
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

marmelat wrote:I can see now that it states on the "contact us" page that all emails sent to openoffice.org team will be made public. I wasn't aware of this at the time :knock: . The email I had sent back then now remains as a thread in the archive and comes up in search engines when my name or one of my projects are searched. It contains my full name and my email address
oooforum isn't based on e-mail neither. This kind of question has already been raised here once or twice, and email address is only displayed in the mailing list archives (or it would be easy for the OP to edit his own messages).
marmelat

Post by marmelat »

Hello. Thank you very much for the replies.

No, my email wasn't to this or any other forum. I had sent it to an email address displayed on the OpenOffice site directly from my Outlook and personal email address. Now it appears in the archive of the mailing list ( http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Summ ... me=discuss )

Yesterday I signed up to the forum to be able to post my inquiry. I didn't want to send another email to any of the email addresses displayed on the 'contact us' page, as that too would become public straight-away. That's why I wanted to find out if anyone knows a private email address to contact the admins of the site.
OpenOffice 3.1
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Try the webmaster address bottom of that page: http://www.openoffice.org/contact.html.
marmelat

Post by marmelat »

Thank you. I had already seen that page. That's the 'contact us' page I was talking about. It states there: "All mail sent to the OpenOffice.org lists is public. It is not private. Mail sent to any of our lists is potentially viewable by millions.". Therefore I am trying to find a private email address, so it won't be made public.
OpenOffice 3.1
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Sorry, I had not read that part, indeed. As a workaround, you can try to register the issue tracker and file a bug report to ask how you can ask for such problem. Try with a dedicated mail address of course!
marmelat

Post by marmelat »

Good idea. Thank you very much.
OpenOffice 3.1