Crossposting between forums

Let us know how we are doing -
b4k4

Re: Crossposting between forums

Post by b4k4 »

It has taken me a long time to realise what this forum is and why I now have to go to two sites to find answers. Please put the explanation in a prominent place on the start page. The only reason I knew of the existence of this place, is because I followed a link from a question there to an answer here. And then I recognised Hagar, and got confused about where I am.
If the explanation for the move is true (and I see no reason to doubt it), then surely the owner of OOoforums wouldn't mind transferring the domain to Sun and then we could continue to have one authoritative place to come for help? It doesn't help to have a LQ / Just Linux type situation where you have to make double the effort to find answers.
And of course you have to cross-post, because what if the person who happens to have just the answer you need happens to be reading the other forum? Can you make a button for "cross post this question to the other forum"?
Could you also make a "search this forum and the other forum" option?
Is there no way to hold this thing together and not fragment all over the Internet?
Please?
Hagar Delest

Re: Crossposting between forums

Post by Hagar Delest »

b4k4 wrote:If the explanation for the move is true (and I see no reason to doubt it), then surely the owner of OOoforums wouldn't mind transferring the domain to Sun and then we could continue to have one authoritative place to come for help?
:| There have been talks about it but no answer from the oooforum owner.

I've added a comment in the survival guide (end of that post): Search the Forum before posting.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10