[Solved] Spammed by PM by myself!

Post by beastsdruid »

beasts
Sent at: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:38 pm
To: beastsdruid

hey you sexy thing
can you make my program work I need some xperties from the best
your the sexiest ever

:( I obviously didn't send this post to myself. Is this what the admins of this forum do to newbies? I had a very real problem. I asked for help with that problem nicely. I was very thankful and gracious when given help. I guess I wrongly assumed that this was the place to come if you had questions. If you are going to make fun of people that have used OOo Calc for 1 week it's pretty sad. Either you should rename the forum OpenOffice.org POWER USERS ONLY Community Forum or you should behave like it is a community forum and help those who need it. It's not like I was spamming a bunch of posts to solve a bunch of problems. I really hope I can get what I need done w/ OOo Calc. My last World of Warcraft spreadsheet was used by tens of thousands of people. It was featured as front page news on the World of Raids website. Like most users on this forum I respect what OOo is about and I look forward to introducing some new people to OOo. If you don't want to help a newbie out then don't come to my thread. Go stroke your epeen w/ the other power users. I really thought that this forum would be different than the trolly WoW forums. If you are a power user I would really appreciate the help. I will post my code that I am attempting to make functional this evening. I'm sure its not far off from being functional. And no I DONT expect others to do all my work for me. It's been a week now and I haven't stopped trying to solve this problem for myself.

Sincerely, Beasts
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OOo 3.0.X on MS Windows Vista
Hagar Delest

Re: Code to "bring to front" an image based on combo box

Post by Hagar Delest »

beastsdruid wrote:beasts
Sent at: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:38 pm
To: beastsdruid

hey you sexy thing
can you make my program work I need some xperties from the best
your the sexiest ever
Hmm, could you detail what happened? Did you receive it by mail? No power user would make such a 'joke' (but it's hardly a joke). It may be a spam not related to the forum. I also receive spams where the sender is ... myself. For the forum notification, do you use a specific address just for that? have you given this address to someone else?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
beastsdruid

Re: Code to "bring to front" an image based on combo box

Post by beastsdruid »

Well I received a private message from myself. Not much else to say about it. While I'll admit I did laugh I did find it bizarre. I have not given my information to anyone else and nobody else was on my computer. It could just be a random spam. My apologies if it is. But it seemed too related to this thread to not be specifically to me.
Hagar Delest

Re: Spammed by PM by myself!

Post by Hagar Delest »

I've split the thread from the initial one (Code to "bring to front" an image based on combo box) to avoid polluting it.

Can you forward me the PM? There is a Forward button for that.

I don't see in the thread any hints that could indicate such a reaction. Villeroy would definitively not have done that (the only one having 'reacted' once in your thread). Any friend/colleague that could have done you a joke, getting your login and password or while you were away from keyboard with the machine unlocked?
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Anybody with physical access to my running desktop computer can post here as "Villeroy". Things are different on my laptop where one needs more than one complex password to read my encrypted list of less important passwords. The important ones are stored in wetware.
Hagar de l'Est wrote:Any friend/colleague that could have done you a joke, getting your login and password or while you were away from keyboard with the machine unlocked?
Yes, that might have happened. Obviously, we can send messages to ourselves. I just tried.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
beastsdruid

Post by beastsdruid »

beastsdruid wrote:Well I received a private message from myself. Not much else to say about it. While I'll admit I did laugh I did find it bizarre. I have not given my information to anyone else and nobody else was on my computer. It could just be a random spam. My apologies if it is. But it seemed too related to this thread to not be specifically to me.
OMFG I JUST found out that my wife sent me the message as a joke. I didn't even think it could be her since she barely knows how to turn a computer on lol. Sorry to think that it was from anyone else I am both shocked and embarassed lol. She NEVER EVER touches my computer. I'm still stunned that she figured out how to do it. Thankyou for checking into it and sorry for wasting your time.
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Well then, I guess congratulations are due, to the site admins (no security breach after all) as well as beastsdruid (for obvious reasons). :mrgreen:
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] Spammed by PM by myself!

Post by Hagar Delest »

keme wrote:Well then, I guess congratulations are due, (...) as well as beastsdruid (for obvious reasons). :mrgreen:
+1. :D

Have a hot night!
And no need to tell us what happened, as moderators, we may have to censor that post.

NB: she may know much more than you think in other areas also!
beastsdruid

Post by beastsdruid »

Understood. Thanks again. I just told my wife how I haven't been that embarassed in years lol.
TerryE
Volunteer

Post by TerryE »

Don't worry. You've just made me chuckle. I could just imagine my wife doing the same to me.

Terry. (Another of the Admins) :-)
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.