"View your posts" -- unread only?

Let us know how we are doing -
foxcole
Volunteer

"View your posts" -- unread only?

Post by foxcole »

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a way to search for my posts that have unread responses to them. The more I post, the more "pages" my posts take up, and I'm just not very likely to go paging through them all, yet occasionally I remember posting a question in a thread response, am not sure whether it was answered, and can't seem to locate the message. Is it feasible or even possible to add such a search filter?
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
acknak

Re: "View your posts" -- unread only?

Post by acknak »

Hmm, good point.

I usually start with "New Posts" and visually scan over those for threads that I have posted in (icon has a little red star in it). But I have found (once) that there were some threads under "View your posts" that had unread posts that I had missed.

I believe the "View your posts" list is ordered by date, newest first, so it's most likely that any new posts will appear near the top of the first page of the listing, but it would be nice to simply filter out the inactive threads from that list.

With all the improvements in the new version of phpBB, it feels as awkward as ever to efficiently participate on a regular basis. It works well enough for me now as I can check several times a day. Trying to deal with a whole days volume would be a real problem.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Let me be sure on this - you want to see any topic that you have made a post to, that has an unread post, correct?
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

DrewJensen wrote:Let me be sure on this - you want to see any topic that you have made a post to, that has an unread post, correct?
Exactly.

Maybe there could be a button in the "View your posts" list to apply a further filter to the selected list, to view just those with unread responses.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit