[Solved] Enhancements to site Search, like Google...

Let us know how we are doing -
maitchy

[Solved] Enhancements to site Search, like Google...

Post by maitchy »

I notice that putting a search phrase in quotation marks does not ensure only posts with that phrase will be shown (same words, same order). Could the search be enhanced to be more like Google's, in particular:

1. Quotation marks around a group of words require the same phrase (all words in given order, with no intervening extra words, but maybe extra spaces or perhaps punctuation characters).

2. Allow OR as Google uses it (or more options in the "Advanced search" to do the same thing, i.e. require one of a list of optional words.

So, ideally, if I search for:
Auto-complete OR autocompletion capital OR "upper case"
it should look for postings that contain auto-complete (or autocomplete or auto complete) or autocompletion AND ALSO contains either capital (or capitals) or the two words upper and case together in that order.

Is this do-able??

Mark
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x + Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Enhancements to site Search, like google...

Post by Villeroy »

Just append " site:user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum" to your google search.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice