[Solved] Print/save option for saving conversation/thread?

Let us know how we are doing -
Malibu

[Solved] Print/save option for saving conversation/thread?

Post by Malibu »

I'd like to save my questions and the answers but I don't see a "print" option in the thread. I tried highlighting, but the highlighter goes a little wild and picks up everything in the right-hand column. I wanted to copy and paste my question and the answers into Gmail.

Is there a print/save option that I'm not seeing?

If I do File > Save Page As (in Firefox 3.0.4), I can save as html or text. Does anyone have any other good ideas for saving posts?

The email notifications just have a link that goes back to the thread. It would be nice if the posts were included.

Thanks
Last edited by Malibu on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
acknak

Re: Is there a print/save option for saving conversations?

Post by acknak »

Good question--I don't think there is a good way, other than simply File > Print from your browser, which is generally not a very nice result.

Maybe someone else knows a good solution, perhaps a browser add-on, that could do it, but I have to ask, why print? It's getting easier and easier to "take the web with you."
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Malibu

Re: Is there a print/save option for saving conversations?

Post by Malibu »

OK, thanks. I guess I wasn't missing anything then. I don't actually want to print the conversation. I just wanted to save it to Gmail so I can search for it later, in case I forget how to find this forum again, like when I'm using someone else's computer, or in case the thread gets removed sometime then I'd have a copy of what I asked and the solution to the problem.