Not easy to browse new posts

Let us know how we are doing -
Hagar Delest

Re: Not easy to browse new posts

Post by Hagar Delest »

B Marcelly wrote:An RSS feed may be used by some, not me. I don't find it practical when you want to reply some posts. RSS feeds are better when you only have to read. That's my opinion of course :)
RSS feed is a tool only designed to give the headline and the summary (or first few lines) of online news/posts/... It just allows the user to spot what is of interest for him without actually browse the target site. So even to read, you've to follow the link to the whole content.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
B Marcelly
Volunteer

Post by B Marcelly »

Hagar de l'Est wrote:RSS feed is a tool only designed to give the headline and the summary (or first few lines) of online news/posts/... It just allows the user to spot what is of interest for him without actually browse the target site. So even to read, you've to follow the link to the whole content.
I use only one RSS feed : the new Issues on OOo :mrgreen:
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

This current implementation is rather flawed, but I hope to use it as a base to build on.

Currently to get a full feed you add the ids for all the forums you want, but there could be a feed for the aggregate of all the forums with say a special flag [ALL] perhaps...
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04