[Solved] Preview Problem

Let us know how we are doing -
rtbcomp

[Solved] Preview Problem

Post by rtbcomp »

I've just posted a query with a link to my website. I hit "preview" and tested the link then when I hit the back button to submit the post I got a message saying the page had expired.

It would help if URLs in the preview opened in a new browser (or tab).

Thanks,

Roger
Last edited by rtbcomp on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
TerryE
Volunteer

Re: Preview Problem

Post by TerryE »

What happens here is standard phpBB functionality so its difficult to change. I am not sure why you hit "back" as the Preview screen is the same as the Submit screen, apart from a preview being inserted above the post window. You can still hit the submit button (or accelerator key S) to submit a previewed document.

One issue that you do sometimes get is if you spend ages composing a post (or have a break during a post) without previewing or poking the server with another window in the same session. Here you can time out which is annoying, but this "session" timeout is currently 1hr. The work around is to copy the content of the "post a reply window" to the clipboard; go back to the view topic screen (which will automatically create a new session if you have the automatic logon check box enabled) then hit the reply button again and past the clipboard contents back before submitting.
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
acknak

Post by acknak »

I do this often--test a link from a post-preview, then "back" to finish the post--and have not run into any problems. I'm using Firefox 3.0.2 on Linux.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
rtbcomp

Post by rtbcomp »

TerryE wrote:....... The work around is to copy the content of the "post a reply window" to the clipboard; go back to the view topic screen ..........and past the clipboard contents back before submitting.
Thankfully I composed the post in Notepad so was able to paste it back.

I'll use the "open in new window" feature of my browser when testing links next time!

Thanks,

Roger
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP