[Solved] How advise solved a problem I posted

Let us know how we are doing -
Hrodlandsson

[Solved] How advise solved a problem I posted

Post by Hrodlandsson »

How do I advise that I've found a solution to a problem I posted a few hours ago? I guess I have to wait for my problem statement to show up?
To ref an endnote in a footnote:
{
place cursor in footnote where endnote ref is to be
right-click (to bring up context? menu)
choose "Paragraph" [not- Edit Paragraph Style]
select "Endnotes" in "Type" window?
select "Reference" in the "Insert reference to" pane just beneath the "Type" window
this (apparently) should populate the "Selection" window with the endnotes which have been included
highlight the endnote to reference & click the "Insert" tab
}
I discovered this because a discussion that was posted in connection with a different issue,
mentioned that <<Choose "paragraph" not "Edit Paragraph Style">> cautionary so I went to see what
was under that Paragraph option.
Cannot recall what that discussion was but to thos of you who help us newbies, don't ever hold back thinking you are
telling too much. Allusions and hints can be very helpful.
Don't know how to thank you enough. Maybe when I complete my project I can even out the karma by helping here.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows Vista
FJCC

Re: how advise solved a problem I posted

Post by FJCC »

You added your post to an existing thread. I have split it from there to be its own topic. You can edit that topic's title to add the word Solved and you can post your solution.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.