Administrator's address

Let us know how we are doing -
wdc

Administrator's address

Post by wdc »

I recently had a lot of trouble loging in. Along the way I saw several notices that said, in effect, "having trouble, contact the ADMINISTRATOR." But no place could I find his address. Shouldn't it be added? ...wdc
OpenOffice 4.1.11 for Windows in English/ W11.1 (with Chrome)
keme
Volunteer

Re: ADMINISTRATOR"s address

Post by keme »

I cannot bring up any message to that effect, but I can see another somewhat related shortcoming:

Clicking "The team" link on the web page footer does not bring up anything. The service does not seem to respond at all. Browser times out with nothing received.
 Edit: I see the "contact an admin" now, in the FAQ of course...

Also: The timeout that I mentioned seems to be a fluke. Team listing is reachable now. Have to be registered to view it though, which somehow defeats this (potential) purpose of providing a path to the admins when you can't login. 
 Edit: Upon reading Hagar's post, I see what I missed. Didn't walk through the registration procedure.

Perhaps useful to provide that link also in the FAQ or some other moderately prominent place. Perhaps not... 
Last edited by keme on Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: ADMINISTRATOR"s address

Post by Hagar Delest »

There are 2 ways:
- The administrators user group that is accessible bottom of the main index page (just above the statistics area), then pick the one who visited the forum the most recently; it is also accessible from the Survival Guide for the forum.
- The admin mailing address is accessible when having trouble registering (you need to be logged out) or from this post: What do I do if I can't successfully register on the Forum?

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10