Can't make quote containing 3 previous quotes

Let us know how we are doing -
RusselB

Can't make quote containing 3 previous quotes

Post by RusselB »

I recently went to quote a previous response before having my post in relation to the quote and got a message (don't remember the exact wording) that basically said I can't make a quote that contains 3 previous quotes.
I found a work around, but it does make the actual quotations a little out of sequence...but I don't think it's going to matter much.
Not a big problem, but found it interesting that the system won't allow a sequence of 4 quotes within each other.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
robleyd

Re: Can't make quote containing 3 previous quotes

Post by robleyd »

It is by design - there is a configuration option in phpBB that allows setting the number of nested quotes. Hagar might have karma to alter this??

In a later version [3.2.7] the extra quotes are silently dropped; no error message is displayed. Unless that is a config setting that I haven't yet found :-)
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers