Introduction Presentation

Not sure where to post? Post here!
AJB-work

Introduction Presentation

Post by AJB-work »

Don't know if this is the right place to post this but didn't see a better option. Does anyone know of an Impress file for introducing OpenOffice to a large group? I am putting together a plan for migrating our office from MS Office to OpenOffice and if there was something (existing) that dealt with showing off OpenOffice to people that probably don't know it exists and compares it to MS Office it would be a major help. I know someone else must have thought to create something for a similar reason and I am hoping someone would be willing to share.

Thanks in advance!
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
acknak

Re: Introduction Presentation

Post by acknak »

Good question!

Maybe someone here knows of something specific, but if not, you can poke around under http://marketing.openoffice.org/.

I would be careful introducing a migration proposal to a large group. If you're already using MS Office, you run the risk of (a) boring those who don't care (many if not most), and (b) inviting strong negative reactions and resistance from die-hard Office power users. Just be sure you know who your audience is and adjust your presentation to fit their interests.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
AJB-work

Post by AJB-work »

Good points.

The decision has been made. I have a pilot group using the software and I myself have been using OpenOffice in the office for almost 2 years now. I patiently waited for an opportunity to push the issue once more and this time the powers that be relented. Oddly enough the opportunity was someone in the office receiving an Office 2007 DOCX file that they couldn't open. As the IT contact the file was sent to me and I used that as a basis for using OpenOffice 3. The official migration wil take place after 3.0 is officially released.

I am going to be announcing the changeover shortly and will be demo'ing OpenOffice. I am looking for a ODP file that will let me present OpenOffice in a what it is and how it compares to Office for our typical users. I want to be able to lay most of their fears to rest in these demos.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
acknak

Post by acknak »

Great! So you're way past the proposal stage.

You might also have a look at the stuff here: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... _Documents

You can ask on the marketing mailing list; they may know of something that's not on the web site.

There are also people who specialize in OOo training, who I'm sure could do a first-class migration seminar. You should be able to find them under "paid support" on the OO.org site.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23