[Solved] Save DT2 as graphics files or GIF in bulk?

Talk about anything at all....
F40LM

[Solved] Save DT2 as graphics files or GIF in bulk?

Post by F40LM »

Is it possible to convert these files in bulk / loads of files at once using OpenOffice Writer or OpenOffice Impress?
Save Graphics.png
I found these DT2 files in my MSN Messenger folder called "CustomEmoticons" and I would really like to convert/save them as GIF's in one swift go as I can't find anything else that does this?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]; Moved topic from Beginners forum to General Discussion
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 7
AOO413m1(Build:97839) - Rev. 1817496
09th March 2018 11:19:40 last edited
robleyd

Re: Saves DT2 as graphics files or GIF in bulk?

Post by robleyd »

I had a quick look on Google and a few sites suggest that these files may be renamed to a PNG or a GIF file to be opened in most common image viewing or editing programs.

You could try that - make sure you keep a copy of the files(s) just in case - and see how you get on. If renaming a sample works, then you could just bulk rename your DT2 files. I had a quick search but couldn't find a DT2 file to experiment with.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
F40LM

Post by F40LM »

robleyd wrote:I had a quick look on Google and a few sites suggest that these files may be renamed to a PNG or a GIF file to be opened in most common image viewing or editing programs.

You could try that - make sure you keep a copy of the files(s) just in case - and see how you get on. If renaming a sample works, then you could just bulk rename your DT2 files. I had a quick search but couldn't find a DT2 file to experiment with.
I did try that before but the extension file wasn't showing, now that i got it to show it works as GIF when changing the extension, it did work as a PNG but not as a moving picture, I just hope that works for the ID2 files also, thanks for helping me revisit those solutions

EDIT - Ahh the id2 file have same name as other files so I don't need to know that thanks for helping!
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 7
AOO413m1(Build:97839) - Rev. 1817496
09th March 2018 11:19:40 last edited
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

A little research tells me that PNG files don't support animation, but there are alternatives - search "animated png" for more information. Google is your friend !!
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers