Open PDF files in OpenOffice

Talk about anything at all....
Inga Jensen

Open PDF files in OpenOffice

Post by Inga Jensen »

SER UD TIL AT "OPEN OFFICE" ER ET NOGENLUNDE NEMT PROGRAM AT BRUGE - Jeg undrer mig bare over at nogen af de PDF filer jeg havde i mit gamle
Word program kan jeg ikke åbne i Open Office, men andre PDF filer kan jeg godt åbne ???? og læse i Open Office.
 Edit: Google Translate from Danish:
SEE THAT "OPEN OFFICE" IS AN ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAM TO USE - I'm just wondering that any of the PDF files I had in my old Word program I can not open in Open Office, but other PDF files can I open ???? and read in Open Office. 
Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
ij Apache Open Office 4.1.5
RoryOF

Re: HAR SKIFTET FRA MS OFFICE 365 PROGRAM

Post by RoryOF »

OpenOffice, with the correct extension installed, allows minor viewing and editing of PDF files. It is not a good viewer for PDF files. It is best to use either your operating system's installed PDF viewer or download and use Adobe Reader.

Google translate to Danish
OpenOffice, med den korrekte udvidelse installeret, muliggør mindre visning og redigering af PDF-filer. Det er ikke en god seer for PDF-filer. Det er bedst at bruge enten dit operativsystems installerede PDF-viewer eller downloade og bruge Adobe Reader.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Open PDF files in OpenOffice

Post by John_Ha »

See [Tutorial]How do I view or edit a PDF file with OpenOffice? You may have some hybrid PDF files.

If your problem is solved please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.