Compatibility with iPad Pro

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
Will MacNewbie

Compatibility with iPad Pro

Post by Will MacNewbie »

Hello board, this is my first post on this website. After 23 years of PC’s, I just purchased an iPad Pro. I’d like to know if Open Office is compatible. Thank you.
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4
RusselB

Re: Compatibility with iPad Pro

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forum.
While I'm not familiar with the iPad Pro, I'm going to guess that it is a tablet.
For compatibility, I suggest checking the actual OS of the iPad Pro, then see if there is a release for that OS
If you find one that matches, then you're probably ok to get the installation files and install it.
Please note that there have been reports of Apple products having difficulties with Open Office due to the fact that Open Office does not come from the App Store.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
robleyd

Re: Compatibility with iPad Pro

Post by robleyd »

G'day, and welcome to the community forum.

The system requirements page for AOO only lists Windows, Linux and Mac OSX as supported operating systems; iOS is also not listed on the Third Party Ports page.

See also this topic about Office 700.

A web search for openoffice for ipad will turn up a few possibilities, but note that none of them are official AOO versions.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers