Calc crashes on using the Toolbar "Search"

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
davidvdv

Post by davidvdv »

After Updating to OpenOffice 4.1.3 french

(Sometimes Error message "Search key not found")

I found a Forum message : "Calc 4.1 crashes everytime I do a search" from 2014 and tried all the suggestions. As with the original requester - "by techitone » Sun May 11, 2014 12:55 pm" - nothing worked to fix the issue.

Program crashes,
--- shows Document Recovery window - open Next
--- Document Recovery window 2 - doc "Not recovered yet"- Next
--- Document Recovery window 3 - "Successully recovered" with "click Next to get to Error Report Tool", but Tool does not open !
-- If click "Cancel" and then "Are you sure?" - closes Calc & opens blank Writer doc.

Sometimes the Calc doc seems OK & will search without error. But it problem ALWAYS starts in new session of AOO.

Tried re-installing OpenOffice 4.1.3 - Engish this time) after removing with standard Microsoft Uninstall. - no luck.
Tried Resetting the user profile - no luck.
Tried installing Java latest version - - no luck.
Tried removing Toolbar "Search" in Calc, quit AOO, re-launch, and re-install Toolbar "Search" - no luck.
(Seemed to work for a while after 1st crash & recover but problem ALWAYS starts again.)

Tried a clean un-install OpenOffice 4.1.3 - normal MS Uninstall + delete of all OpenOffice folders f.rom Program Files (x86) and Users
Then installed older 4.1.1 - no luck. Same problem. But I'm staying with 4.1.1 for now.

I,ve I found more recent Forum topics marked "Solved, but none of the suggestions work for me.
I don,t if I should re-open the discussion.
Thanks for any help ...
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 8.1
RusselB

Re: Calc crashes on using the Toolbar "Search"

Post by RusselB »

I am unable to replicate the results you indicate.
I admire that you have already done most of the steps that I would've suggested.
Do you get the same results when using the Find & Replace dialog by using Ctrl+F or via Edit -> Find & Replace?
That being said, as this is happening with Calc, the search function will not work without a document loaded, so can you please upload/attach a document (.ods file) that the Search crash problem occurs with.

As to the Error Report Tool, it's my understanding that the tool itself has been removed from Open Office, though the programming for that message is still maintained.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
davidvdv

Post by davidvdv »

Thanks RusselB for helping me on this.
Before I upgraded to vers. 4.1.3 on 18 Aug.I never had this problem. Maybe my "clean" installation was not so clean.
Or the build I downloaded from AOO that day was not so clean ???

This is were I deleted old OpenOffice files. Are there others?
C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\Users\David\AppData
Here attached are a couple of files - the larger one - BUG TEST AOO Search Toolbar-davidvdv.ods was created before the 4.1.3 install.
The small one - AOO Test davidvdv 19-08.ods- after.
BUG TEST AOO Search Toolbar-davidvdv.ods
(76.86 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
AOO Test davidvdv 19-08.ods
(8.19 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 8.1
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

The Search in the Toolbar worked fine for both of the files you uploaded on my version of Open Office.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.