[Solved] Do I need a license for OpenOffice?

Not sure where to post? Post here!
RosalieCancun

[Solved] Do I need a license for OpenOffice?

Post by RosalieCancun »

hi,
is there need a license , or is free for all?

thx
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
open office 3.1 apache windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Re: license

Post by floris v »

OpenOffice is a free download. You don't even need to register in order to use it.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
RosalieCancun

Post by RosalieCancun »

thanks
open office 3.1 apache windows 10
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

License used to be GPL/LGPL, which should still be valid for the 3.1 suite version indicated in your signature.

For recent versions (from 3.4, I guess) the Apache license is valid.

For practical purposes, the suite is free to install and use on any computer you have, and documents/templates/macros/plugins you make with it are also your own to handle however you wish.

When you redistribute the suite itself or parts thereof (e.g. as the Office part of a software bundle, or extracting the Python interpreter for other uses), you may need to consult the license to determine conditions, such as ...
  • whether redistribution is at all permitted
  • Whether you are allowed to ask compensation for your redistribution (handling fee, payment).
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10