Why LibreOffice Instead Of any Other Office packs ??

Talk about anything at all....
raindeer
Banned

Why LibreOffice Instead Of any Other Office packs ??

Post by raindeer »

I am new user to open office that's why i am not able to understand why this is the most popular office suit in the world...
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Beginners forum to General Discussion
OpenOffice 2.4
RusselB

Re: Why Libre Office Instead Of any Other Office packs ??

Post by RusselB »

Open Office and LibreOffice both use internationally recognized file formats.
Both are free to install and use on any number of machines.
While there are differences between Open Office and LibreOffice, I can't enumerate them, as I'm not familiar with all of the differences.
As you state you are a new user to Open Office, I suspect that your version of Open Office is 4.1.1, not 2.4. If you are using 2.4 then I strongly recommend you upgrade to 4.1.1
In either case, I also suggest you click the User Control Panel link near the top left of this page and edit your profile information.

While I would like to believe that Open Office/LibreOffice has become the most popular office suite in the world, I don't know if there are any statistics to back that claim up,

If you were using another office package and have recently switched to Open Office/Libre Office, then there may be a bit of learning involved to get Open Office working in a manner that you are comfortable with.
Some of the helpers on this forum have knowledge and/or experience transitioning from one office suite to another, so don't be afraid to ask questions.
I don't think I've ever seen a helper on this forum use the term RTFM (aka: Read the F*ing Manual), with the exception of when their is a direct mention of one or more sections in the manual (ie: help file)
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Markdc

Re: Why LibreOffice Instead Of any Other Office packs ??

Post by Markdc »

Hi,
It is one of the most popular suites used all around the world. It is license free. People don't need a license to start on it, as a Microsoft suite does. Best suite for startups and new enterprises.
open office 4.1.5