[Solved] Simple basic beginner's instructions

Not sure where to post? Post here!
indiadreamer

[Solved] Simple basic beginner's instructions

Post by indiadreamer »

Hello everyone,
As someone who knows hardly anything about Office Programs, can anyone suggest a website or something that would have the most basic information about what can be done with the OpenOffice program and, in simple language, how to do it. I am only interested in the most basic things because I don't do much more than write pages. Thank you. Charles
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.0
Windows 8.1
RusselB

Re: simple basic beginner's instructions

Post by RusselB »

The three most commonly used areas of OpenOffice have some excellent tutorials located here

Never worry about asking questions on the forum, but please, try to do a search before posting a question.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

YouTube also has many tutorials. Search for "openoffice 4 writer tutorial" to find tutorials about AOO Writer.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Writer is well dealt with in
OpenOffice Writer for Students
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
acknak

Post by acknak »

There are a whole bunch of excellent beginner tutorials here: http://plan-b-for-openoffice.org/index
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
indiadreamer

Post by indiadreamer »

Thank you for all the suggestions. I am one of the many closet writers who dream of someday being published even in a small way and I truly am a dinosaur from ages passed because my typing has never gotten beyond the two finger snail's pace and my understanding of word processing is very basic. With the information all of you have given me, I now have a new project of learning about OpenOffice. I recently installed Ubuntu with much effort and struggle because my old XP laptop has a lot of sentimental meaning and I didn't want to endure the viral threats which I hear may be lurking on the horizon.
So I will be stidying about Ubuntu at the same time. So thank you again for your help. Charles
OpenOffice 4.0
Windows 8.1
RusselB

Re: [Solved] Simple basic beginner's instructions

Post by RusselB »

While studying things is good, be careful that you don't try to study too many things at once.
You may find terminology that means one thing in relation to one thing you are studying (eg: Open Office), and means something different for something else you are studying.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
jameshacker

Re: [Solved] Simple basic beginner's instructions

Post by jameshacker »

yup.. the sites mentioned here are really helpful... :)
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7