Documentation

Not sure where to post? Post here!
Hagar Delest

Documentation

Post by Hagar Delest »

Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added AOO 4.1 link
RGB

Re: Documentation

Post by RGB »

AOO 4.0 user guide is being drafted here.

If someone want to help on the process, contact us on the the documentation mailing list at doc@openoffice.apache.org
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
LastUnicorn

Post by LastUnicorn »

Though not "official documentation" I'd like to mention a relatively recent book (March 2016) on desktop publishing I stumbled across - Designing with LibreOffice. While essentially on that subject it seems a good general introduction to using styles and templates and so on. The book was written for LibreOffice but the author states it is also applicable to Apache OpenOffice and NeoOffice. http://designingwithlibreoffice.com It is free to download but a donation would make the author happy and that helps the world go round. If you want a hardcopy book you can purchase that - details at the website.

The author is interviewed here: http://designingwithlibreoffice.com/interview and gives some good general background information on the development of OpenOffice and its DTP capabilities.
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
Apache OpenOffice Portable 4.1.15 [PortableApps]
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Yes; a shorter introduction to Writer is at
Writer for students (several languages)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

I find the following Writer documentation useful:

Writer FAQ,

Writer Tutorials and

the up to date AOO Writer for Students which is good for non-students too.

All AOO Writer, Calc, Draw, Impress, Math and Base User Guides for v3.3 are in one place here: OpenOffice.org 3.3 User Guides (PDF). There are no AOO guides for later versions.

I cannot use Calc without accessing Calc Functions listed by category as it gives examples of each function's use.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.