[Solved] PDF editing

Not sure where to post? Post here!
petbro

[Solved] PDF editing

Post by petbro »

Hi,

I have downloaded some blank census forms in pdf format. I would like to know if i can import them into OpenOffice 3.1 then type in (using laptop keyboard) details from the original census information that i have.

If so can someone tell me how to do this or point me towards a tutorial.

Thanks
Peter.

Example of blank census form http://c.mfcreative.com/pdf/trees/chart ... us1911.pdf

Please use a descriptive title so others can efficiently search for answers
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat May 04, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista 32
FJCC

Re: HELP!

Post by FJCC »

OpenOffice is not the right tool for this. There is an extension that allows minor editing of PDF's but your task sounds more complicated than what it is intended for.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
petbro

Re: HELP!

Post by petbro »

FJCC wrote:OpenOffice is not the right tool for this. There is an extension that allows minor editing of PDF's but your task sounds more complicated than what it is intended for.
Thanks FJCC. My aim is to present a presentable family history album where all details are clear in it. So all i want to do is type in details from the original census record into the blank census sheet. I'm a complete beginner with these programmes so ANY HELP/ADVICE would be greatly appreciated.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: HELP! PDF editing

Post by Bill »

The PDF forms aren't intended to be edited. They are for printing blank forms for transcribing census pages by hand. If you want to edit a form, you should look for an editable format like ODT, DOC or TXT.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
petbro

Re: HELP! PDF editing

Post by petbro »

thanks
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] PDF editing

Post by Hagar Delest »

Once your document is ready (better use ODF, .odt for text for example), then you can export it in PDF.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10