[Solved] Feedback on version 3

Not sure where to post? Post here!
Jon

[Solved] Feedback on version 3

Post by Jon »

Using OOo-dev 3.0.0 beta on Windows XP, sp3 (but that's all irrelevant to my question).

Anyone know if there is a place to leave feedback on version 3 (Windows) when the issue is a feature, not a bug? I looked around the OOo site but didn't come up with anything.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
LibreOffice 3.5 on Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: feedback on version 3

Post by Villeroy »

As far as I know there won't be new features in OOo3. There has been a feature-freeze some months ago. Otherwise it would be impossible to get ready with any new version.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
acknak

Post by acknak »

Any feedback for the developers, whether a bug, feature, or request for enhancement, should go in the issue tracking system: Open Office Quality Assurance - Report Bugs

More help:
Rough step-by-step instructions reporting bugs
Tutorial: How to report bugs
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thanks, folks. I was just disappointed by the fact that in 3.0 they removed the ability to change the default path for user documents.
LibreOffice 3.5 on Windows XP
acknak

Post by acknak »

You can still change it, you just have to change it at the system level. OOo uses whatever the system is configured for, which makes sense to me anyway.
acknak

Re: [Solved] Feedback on version 3

Post by acknak »

Edit:  
No, sorry, I was completely wrong about this. It's not changing for OOo 3, it's just a bug in the current snapshots:
http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=88176
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thanks for the correction on this. Though I realize I'm probably (almost surely) the exception rather than the rule among Windows users, I actually have (what I consider) a good reason to not change my user document location at the system level but to change it in other programs. In any event, having to change it at the system level would be a step backwards into geek land, so I'm glad to find out it's only a temporary situation.
acknak

Post by acknak »

I don't know how OOo handles this exactly... well, wait a minute, I can check... Ok: the help doesn't say anything about it.

Anyway, a setting like this should have a well-defined "inherit" state as the default: i.e., it simply inherits the system setting by default. If I do have a reason to change the system setting, my applications should follow that change. What would be the point of having a system-level setting, if all my applications are hard-coded to use "My Documents"?

So "inherit" would be the default, but if I change it to something else, then that should override the system setting and I'm on my own to maintain it.

It would also be nice if you could enter a relative path, which would be relative to the system setting--whatever that is. E.g. you could change the path setting to OODocs and OOo would use ...\My Documents\OODocs for its documents home.

As I said, I don't know if OOo implements any of this; I expect not.