Modify the form in your screen shot as follows.
1) Create a new 2-column table (assuming that your ClaimNo is an integer):
- Code: Select all Expand viewCollapse view
CREATE TABLE "Filter" ("ID" INT PRIMARY KEY, "CID" INT NULL)
[I find this easier to type than describing the graphical table design]
2) Open the filter table and enter one row with a row ID, say 1 and some claim number in the CID field.
3) Get the form navigator from the 5th button of the tool bar named "Form Design". Right-click the top level "Forms" container and add a new independent form.
4) Get the properties of the new form, tab "Data"
Source type: SQL
Source: SELECT * FROM "Filter" WHERE "ID"=1
Everything else: No
The form refers to one particular row in the filter table where we enter our CID at row number 1. We don't want to insert nor delete any new rows from this form. We don't need any navigation bar for one row.
5) In the from navigator window drag the ClaimNo with its label from the existing data form to the new filter form. Bind the input box to the CID field of its new form.
6) Drag the data form icon to the filter form so the data form becomes a subform of the filter form. Get the subform properties, tab "Data" and link the subform's ClaimNo to the parent form's CID.
7) Select the subform icon in the navigator and draw a push button. Set the "Action" property to "Refresh form".