Mobile OpenOffice.org, yes or no

Not sure where to post? Post here!
Tranquillo

Mobile OpenOffice.org, yes or no

Post by Tranquillo »

I have used XP Pro with MS office for many years, this has always been linked with my HTC TYTN II which also had MS office, always worked well. I am now looking at installing WIN 7 and then using openoffice products, I now need to load openoffice onto my TYTN II (win 6.5).

I have searched and there seems to be plenty of misinformation with conflicting reports and broken links, is there a version of openoffice that can be loaded onto my mobile?

Thanks

Tranquillo
openoffice 3.3 on Vista Business, soon to be WIN 7 on TB
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: Mobile open office, yes or no

Post by kingfisher »

There is a site called portableapps. If OpenOffice isn't available, LibreOffice may be.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

PortableApps is for apps that run on PCs, that don't need to be installed and don't affect the registry. the idea being that you can carry it round on an USB stick and use it on any PC you have access to, without affecting that PC itself. OOo is available as a portable app. But what the OP wants is OOo to run on their mobile device, which AFAIK isn't possible.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Tranquillo

Post by Tranquillo »

TheGurkha wrote:But what the OP wants is OOo to run on their mobile device, which AFAIK isn't possible.

Correct!

The main reason I needed the openoffice on my phone is because I need to sync with my laptop information I have added during the day, a vehicle chassis number, a contacts telephone number ect, at the moment it seems to work fine with MS office but I am updatring all my software and the newer MS office seems a bit expensive IMO.

Many thanks

Tranquillo
openoffice 3.3 on Vista Business, soon to be WIN 7 on TB
RoryOF

Re: Mobile OpenOffice.org, yes or no

Post by RoryOF »

As far as I know there isn't a version of OpenOffice to run on a mobile phone. Whether this will ever come about, who can say?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Tranquillo wrote:
TheGurkha wrote:But what the OP wants is OOo to run on their mobile device, which AFAIK isn't possible.

Correct!

The main reason I needed the openoffice on my phone is because I need to sync with my laptop information I have added during the day, a vehicle chassis number, a contacts telephone number ect, at the moment it seems to work fine with MS office but I am updatring all my software and the newer MS office seems a bit expensive IMO.

Many thanks

Tranquillo
You could consider the free version of Evernote as a means of keeping things sync'd between devices / PCs/ Laptops. Copy the text from the Evernote note if you need it in OOo. Just Google for Evernote.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust