[Solved] How to share pdf files

Not sure where to post? Post here!
Roseapple

[Solved] How to share pdf files

Post by Roseapple »

Hi,

I'm using Windows OpenOffice.org 3.3. My friend converted my book into ebook and forwarded to me as pdf. I have no problem opening it but cannot save it as pdf. The book is a cookbook with graphic artwork. When I tried to save it I can only save it in word document and the sketchings and graphic art is eliminated. I want to sell the cookbook on Kindle but is unable to upload it. My friend said I shouldn't any problem, but unfortunately I am. She lives in Winnipeg, I live in Toronto and it's hard to explain to her why I can't save and upload the book as pdf file. I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Roseapplejam
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.3
Windows
Hagar Delest

Re: How to share pdf files

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

What is the format used exactly? OOo cannot open PDF file (well, it can import it but the result is not very good).
If you use OOo, just stick to native format (ODF, i.e. .odt for text files).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

If she sent it to you is a PDF open it in a PDF reader. There's no need to open it in OOo.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

TheGurkha wrote:If she sent it to you is a PDF open it in a PDF reader. There's no need to open it in OOo.
As Gurkha said. Also, if you need to re-edit by changing or inserting/deleting content, you should revert to the original file from which the .pdf was created. The intention of a .pdf file is that it should be the electronic equivalent of a printed book and not editable.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Roseapple

Post by Roseapple »

I want to thank all of you for your genuine advice. I can see more clearly now.

Regards.

Roseapple
OpenOffice 3.3
Windows