OOo for smartphone?

Issues with smartphones, tablets and all portable devices
Tranquillo

OOo for smartphone?

Post by Tranquillo »

First hello, I am a 'newbie' to the forum and hope to find out if OpenOffice is for me.

Next the apology, when registering I was unable to complete because my signature was not accepted, I tried thing like no openoffice on vista yet ect and it was not allowed. Soooo I lied, sorry, I stated I had OpenOffice 3.1 on Vista which was one of the suggestions, how can a new user register to download the software without lying, seemed a little odd to me.

OK to my question, is there a version of OpenOffice I can download and use on my smartphone? I have used windows XP on my laptop with MS office and office mobile on my TYTNII with activesync 4.5 for years at it has been brilliant however, like most things MS like to 'fiddle' and invariably ends up with a product that is less productive! So, my replacement laptop is Vista (business) with MS office and my replacement mobile phone TYTNII has no office software and MS wants to charge for it and then give me grief getting their latest sync software to work.

I thought I would simply remove MS office and then download OpenOffice and then perhaps a copy (if it exists) to my smartphone with the ability to sync them when connected via USB or Bluetooth, is this possible?

I use 'Outlook to sync my contacts/calender and tasks so would need some compatability or at least a similar facility.

Just as an asides next year I will get rid of Vista and upgrade to Win 7 so I hope there will not be any compatability issues.

Many thanks for reading my first post.

Tranquillo

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
openoffice 3.3 on Vista Business, soon to be WIN 7 on TB
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: Hello, an apology, and a question

Post by thomasjk »

Registration is not required to download the software which is available at http://www.openoffice.org. Registering here allows you to post in the forums and ask questions when you need help.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Tranquillo

Re: Hello, an apology, and a question

Post by Tranquillo »

OK thanks for that, but you can see to ask a question about the software on this forum I still had to tell a white lie.

Many thanks for your reply

Tranquillo
openoffice 3.3 on Vista Business, soon to be WIN 7 on TB
Hagar Delest

Re: OOo for smartphone?

Post by Hagar Delest »

The signature is required to avoid spam.

For your question, see that one (you can search the forum for 'smartphone' too but less hints: OpenOffice.org for mobile OS Android?.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10