[Solved] How to read PDF?

Not sure where to post? Post here!
sormehb

[Solved] How to read PDF?

Post by sormehb »

First when I installed Openoffice.org it was working and opening up PDF files. Now when it does it opens them up in code. i have adobereader the newest version. I even uninstalled oppenoffice and reinstalled and its still doing it. I don't know what to do? I have to read a lot of files for class and cannot can anybody please help me?

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice3.1 on windows 7
RoryOF

Re: PLEASE Can anybody help me?

Post by RoryOF »

OpenOffice is not a reader for PDF files; frankly, I doubt that it ever opened PDF files. These are best read in a dedicated pdf reader; as you mention Adobe Reader,this is probably the one to use. You need to set (or perhaps reset) the File Association for Adobe Reader. Right click on a .pdf file, go to properties. Under the "General" tab, go to "Opens with", click on the change button, choose Adobe Reader, click ok, apply, ok.

On your computer you should adjust the settings to show all file types; in OpenOffice Save As windows "automatic file type extension" box should be checked.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS