[Solved] Import MS Money files

Not sure where to post? Post here!
steven061

[Solved] Import MS Money files

Post by steven061 »

Hi all
I use OpenOffice 3.0.0. and have also used MS Money for a number of years. I would like to transfer all the MS Money data to OpenOffice (Calc or Base). I would then directly download my account transactions from my online bank account to OpenOffice for analysis.

Is it possible to import MS Money data to OpenOffice? I have tried searching this forum and the How to guides for an answer with no success.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Steven
Last edited by steven061 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Import MS Money files

Post by TheGurkha »

There is no equivalent to Money in OOo, sorry. If you did manage to export in a format that Calc could read it would be a view of your data only, not the functional accounting system that Money is.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
BigJohnson963

Post by BigJohnson963 »

I'm stuck at the same problem. It would be really useful to import .QIF files so the data can be viewed in a spreadsheet. I don't need any added accounting functionality. Is this possible to do with a basic import function? I've tried using the data pilot, but the "external source" option never works. Any help would be much appreciated.
OpenOffice.org 3; Windows 7
therabi
Volunteer

Post by therabi »

BigJohnson963 wrote:I'm stuck at the same problem. It would be really useful to import .QIF files so the data can be viewed in a spreadsheet. I don't need any added accounting functionality. Is this possible to do with a basic import function? I've tried using the data pilot, but the "external source" option never works. Any help would be much appreciated.
From the .QIF I take it that your using either Quick Books or Quicken. You can export the data from them as a CSV file and then open the file with Calc. The Import Text screen with open if everything look right click OK and it will show in Calc.

HTH
OpenOffice.org v3.3, LibO v3.32 on Ubuntu 10.10 and Win7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Like MS Access MS Money is based on the Microsoft JET database engine. Therefore it has nothing in common with any spreadsheet program. On a Windows system with the required database drivers ("connectivity tools") it may be possible to establish a Base connection.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
steven061

Post by steven061 »

Success!!!!

I managed to transfer all my MS Money 2005 data to Calc and it works. Firstly, within MS Money left click on Reports then left click on export to desktop (Ihad the All Accounting Data box ticked). A text file will be created on your desktop. Then right click the new desktop icon and left click open with Calc. The data has loaded into Calc and allows analysis (more than 20 years worth).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steven
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista