[Solved] Need A License ?

Not sure where to post? Post here!
ccrea61

[Solved] Need A License ?

Post by ccrea61 »

I have been working on Open Office for several months without any difficulties. Now, when I attempt to work, most specifically in Word, I cannot do anything. Regardless of the function I attempt I am advised, "This command is currently disabled. To enable it, purchase a licensed copy of Microsoft Office." I have been unable to edit or create any new documents, as a result. Why is a free service requiring the purchase of a license?

Thank you for your assistance.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
RoryOF

Re: Need A License ?

Post by RoryOF »

Because you are using the supplied demo version of MS Office.
OpenOffice has no such restrictions.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
ccrea61

Post by ccrea61 »

How do I get a non-demo version?
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

ccrea61 wrote:How do I get a non-demo version?
A non-demo version of Microsoft Office can be purchased from most any computer reseller, and perhaps from bookstores or where you'd buy other office equipment/consumables.
A non-demo version of OpenOffice.org can be downloaded from the official site, www.openoffice.org (in fact, there is no "official demo version" of this suite). If download is not a viable option, the official site provides links to several CD-ROM distributors worldwide. They will charge a fee for providing the CD, but mostly that'll be to cover the cost of copying (material and work).
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
jackie

Post by jackie »

In order to reduce spam Microsoft will disable some features from its product so that we subscribe for original one. In OS Microsoft will insert some bug of ungenuine OS so that no one can use pirated one. You can anable that command by using some tools like RGA in case of pirated OS and etc. I hope by using this type of tools your problem will be solved.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4 / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
office 2010