OxygenOffice et al -differences?

Not sure where to post? Post here!
himagain

OxygenOffice et al -differences?

Post by himagain »

It is always the little things in life..... and on forums :?
Like what are the topic icon meanings here?
I THINK I've got a download from Sun a version called Oxygen Office. 3.01.mo15.build 3 (Which looks like it might have updated itself obviously)
It doesn't show up here on search ( Board Managers often forget - enquirers are usually new to the facility/product and search terms ARE usually a joke unless you are very experienced). :crazy:
PLUS - Is the information really much use that is over say, a year old? It doesn't help to get an answer with 2000 hits ranging back to 1990's. :shock:
It would be nice if somewhere easy to find - say on sign-up page? - a note that there are "X" versions around with similar names AND THEY ARE: (List) :super:

It *IS* an astounding suite. An absolute testimony to the awesome power of inertia, coupled with clever FUD PR that the OTHER one still sells at all! :twisted:

I will go look further, (Google it, sigh), but the awesome complexity of, even here, seeing "support site for Open Office.org, Star Office and NeoOffice" does suggest a major promotional error here to an ol' marketing psychologist..... 3 boards would be cheap to setup and help everyone :knock:

With Best wishes to all for a merry Winter Solstice, (see? non-denominational, non-antagonistic)
Except in the pagan South where it is very hot: A very Merry Summer Solstice to us.
CENSORSHIP??? They can't stop m
OOo 3.3 on Ms Windows 7 + kubuntu, Dragon Naturallyspeaking Premium v11.5
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: oxygen office et al -differences?

Post by r4zoli »

I THINK I've got a download from Sun a version called Oxygen Office. 3.01.mo15.build 3 (Which looks like it might have updated itself obviously)
It is not possible, OxigenOffice is different source, not Sun made derivative of OOo, builded by KAMI based on go-oo (Novell) source, plus some templates and other bells and whistles.
I suggest to get the 3.1.1 version.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
Hagar Delest

Re: OxygenOffice et al -differences?

Post by Hagar Delest »

himagain wrote:It is always the little things in life..... and on forums :?
Like what are the topic icon meanings here?
See the Survival Guide for the forum.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10