[Solved] Downloading the DVD

Not sure where to post? Post here!

[Solved] Downloading the DVD

Postby Floydyisms » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:45 am

Hi all
I have been using OO for a short while now and am currently downloading the program to burn onto DVD for our Church computers. I'm not a computer whiz, so bear with me with a few questions:
1. The download went to my limewire, no problem but I'm no whiz with Limewire either, do I just drag the program to a DVD?
2. If I read the description right, the burnable program is all of the versions, will this fit onto one DVD?
3. When I go to install, the computers are all WIN XP, will the DVD list the versions or automatically install what I need?

Thanks for any help and sorry if the questions are a bit stupid...L

Glenn
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OOo 3.1.X on Mac OSx other + Win XP
Floydyisms

Re: Downloading the DVD

Postby Hagar Delest » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:41 am

What are you trying to do exactly? You can't install the standard version of OOo on a removable drive because it needs to write configuration data on the machine. You have to use the portable version for that: [Solved] Installation on USB drive.

If you just want to copy the installer, yes, of course it will fit, it's a mere 150MB and a DVD is at least 1.5GB. You've to select the right version of the installer (the .exe).

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
AOO 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 19.10 and 4.1.5 on Windows 10 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Re: Downloading the DVD

Postby lgusaas » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:54 am

Hagar,
I think he has downloaded the ISO disk image, which includes the installers for Windows, Linux (in both .deb and RPM packages), DMG images for Macintosh (both Intel and PowerPC hardware), and Solaris packages for both x86 and SPARC platforms. The contents of the Extras CD have also been included. It is approximately 2.1 GB.

Floydyisms,
To burn, if you are using your Mac, go to /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app and open it, click Burn on the menu and follow instructions.

If all the computers you are installing on use Windows, there is no need to use the large ISO image. Just download the Windows version of OO.o and copy it to a CD or a flash drive and then onto your church computers. You can download it here:
http://download.openoffice.org/other.html
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 — MacBook Pro(Retina)—macOS Ver.10.15.3 Catalina
lgusaas
Volunteer

Return to Beginners