[Solved] Can I save to computer and other beginner questions

Not sure where to post? Post here!
dyankee1995

[Solved] Can I save to computer and other beginner questions

Post by dyankee1995 »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello:

I have not yet downloaded openoffice, because I have a couple of quick questions...

Will I be able to save to computer any documents that I create using openoffice or is it a save to internet only?

Do I have to be logged onto the internet in order to access and use openoffice or can I use it from my desktop?

Once I download openoffice can I still access Microsoft Office or does this program overwrite it?

If I decide that I like openoffice can I uninstall Microsoft office from my computer and still use openoffice or do they work together?

Thanks in advance for any help regarding these questions.

Debbie
Last edited by dyankee1995 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 2.3.X on Ms Windows XP
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Can I save to computer and other beginner questions...

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Will I be able to save to computer any documents that I create using openoffice or is it a save to internet only?
It isn't save to internet at all - it is save to your computer (It isn't like Google docs).

Do I have to be logged onto the internet in order to access and use openoffice or can I use it from my desktop?
You use it from your own computer, no internet connection needed (it isn't like Google docs).

Once I download openoffice can I still access Microsoft Office or does this program overwrite it?
Yes, You can have both at the same time on one computer.

If I decide that I like openoffice can I uninstall Microsoft office from my computer and still use openoffice or do they work together?
You don't need MS Office to use or run OpenOffice.org.

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can use the green tick icon at the same time if you like.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust