Help frustrated with Software

Not sure where to post? Post here!
Beep

Help frustrated with Software

Post by Beep »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
I am using OpenOffice for our Parish magazine. Why when I change something way down in my document do I go back to the top and things have changed up there. :evil:

Also how do I take out pages without upsetting the rest of the document?
OOo 2.3.X on Ms Windows XP
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Help frustrated with Software

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

You'll have to give us more to go on! What sort of a layout are you using? Are you using styles? What do you change 'on purpose' and what changes 'by magic'?

Also, are you really using 2.3.x? That version is really deprecated now, i would suggest you upgrade if that is the case. But when it asks you whether it should copy across your personal settings say no, as that can cause problems.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Hagar Delest

Re: Help frustrated with Software

Post by Hagar Delest »

Beep wrote:Also how do I take out pages without upsetting the rest of the document?
A word processor produces documents that are containers for a text flowing on a layout. There is no page concept in themselves. The WP will just adapt the text flow to the page format(s). Impress has a page concept, slides in fact.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10