MS Publisher

Not sure where to post? Post here!
dafyddsycharth

MS Publisher

Post by dafyddsycharth »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
------------------------I have received a Publisher file which I cannot open because it was created by a newer version than mine. Can openoffice help me to open it?-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: MS Publisher

Post by Villeroy »

No. Tis office suite has no component for desktop publishing. To the best of my knowlege from this forum MS Publisher is the only program to open it's own files. This is exactly how MS wants it to be. Certainly it would take many years of very difficult reverse engineering to write an alternative application able to handle this file format.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

There doesn't even seem to be a Publisher viewer from Microsoft, like there is a Word or Excel viewer Where is the Publisher viewer?.

Perhaps you could try Zamzar the free file-conversion website and change it to a PDF or something?
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

I forgot about this other posting. This explains things.

[Solved] How to open Publisher Files in OOo.

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can use the green tick icon at the same time if you like.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust