Looking for OO program similar to ACT!

Not sure where to post? Post here!
mysstress

Looking for OO program similar to ACT!

Post by mysstress »

Hi

I have just installed Open Office 3.00, and have yet to start using it fully, but so far so good!
Appologies of this is not the right place doing this. I'm very new to all this and am not sure where to ask.

I want to find out if Open Office has a programme that does similar things to ACT! by Sage, or if anyone knows of anything similar anywhere? I run a small social enterprise, and contact/customer management would help us out big time. We just can't afford to buy the software, and we like the Open ethos you have developed. We'll certainly be contributing as we learn to use the software.

Thanks
Lizzie
OOo 3.0.X on MS Windows Vista
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: looking for OO program similar to ACT!

Post by Villeroy »

You see the search-box in the top-right corner of the page you are viewing right now? It lets you perform a quicks search on this site. "act sage" yields 9 results.

Do you belive that Microsoft integrated that software somehow or was it the other way round? Is it the obligation of an office suite to allow another software using it or should software engineers decide which file format they prefer to create presentable result sheets for their software?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

There is nothing in OpenOffice like that, but there are plenty of other open source offerings.

See this quick review of some of them: The Top 10 Open-Source CRM Solutions

I've never used it but I hear a and read a lot of good things about it: SugarCRM

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can use the green tick icon at the same time if you like.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
mysstress

Re: Looking for OO program similar to ACT!

Post by mysstress »

Thanks, that was quick!
Will have a look and get back to you.

Big thanks
Lizzie
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Re: Looking for OO program similar to ACT!

Post by Robert Tucker »

Compiere, OpenBravo, CK-ERP are ones I have checked out.

These and others listed at:

http://www.fluxhq.com/archives/11
LibreOffice 7.x.x on Arch and Fedora.
mysstress

Post by mysstress »

Do you belive that Microsoft integrated that software somehow or was it the other way round? Is it the obligation of an office suite to allow another software using it or should software engineers decide which file format they prefer to create presentable result sheets for their software?
Sorry, I'm not a developer or anything. In fact, PC technology is not my strong point at all...which means I have no idea about a meaningful answer to your question! Sorry... :?