[Solved] WPS files

Not sure where to post? Post here!
palmerkl

[Solved] WPS files

Post by palmerkl »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.

I'm new to Open Office and I can 't get my previous WPS 2000 files to open. When I go to "Open" they show in file name list, and the file type WPS 2000/OFFICE 1.0 (*wps) list. Howevr, when I try to open I get -genreal error - general input/output error. Other type of files seem to work ok.
 Edit: [Solved] 
Last edited by palmerkl on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOo 2.2.X on Ms Windows XP
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: WPS files

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

OOo doesn't open Works files.

One way round this is to open them in WordPad and then copy and paste everythng into a new OOo document.

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can use the green tick icon at the same time if you like.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Arineckaig
Volunteer

Re: WPS files

Post by Arineckaig »

If you still have your MS Works program, and wish to retain the format of your wps files, I suggest you save them as MS Word docs. OpenOffice Writer will then open the doc file and retain all but the most complicated formats.
When this issue has been resolved, it would help other users of the forum if you add the word - [Solved] - to the Subject line of your 1st post (edit button top right).
AOOo 4.1.5 & LO 6 on MS Windows 10 MySQL and HSQLDB