OOo Reading MS Works Document

Not sure where to post? Post here!
Bluesnow

OOo Reading MS Works Document

Post by Bluesnow »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.

I just downloaded OOo 3.0, hoping I could use the program to read and write Microsoft "Works" Word and Database files, since most of my documents are in the Works format. I read the FAQ's and didn't find anything that helped. When I opened the OOo Write program there were lots of templates (not sure this is the correct term) listed for accessing programs, but nothing that referenced MS Works. All of the ones I tried kept showing an Error message. I would appreciate any help you can give me regarding - can OOo read existing and write Miccrosoft "Works" Word and Database documents and more importantly, can you provide me with specifics on the process for for accessing these documents?? Thank you for your assistance. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: OOo Reading MS Works Document

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

See these threads (and many more if you search the forum)
Converting MS Works
Change all MS works to OO

Seemingly NeoOffice, an OOo derivative, can open Works files, but I've never used NeoOffice.

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can also use the green tick icon.
Last edited by TheGurkha on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Bluesnow

Post by Bluesnow »

Thanks for your reply. I will try the suggestions to see if they will do what I need.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

OK, if you're still stuck come back and let us know.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust