Opening WPS Files

Not sure where to post? Post here!
lucas

Opening WPS Files

Post by lucas »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have new laptop with vista homebasic, everything goes well, however have problems with opening exsisting documents which I inserted via stick from old system which was windows xp.

The problem is that mostly I cannot open anything which has wps and some with doc. All jpg are allright, also have had attachment on email which I tried to put into documents, however it arrives into a connecting file in documents,

This is all totally different from xp, so please could somebody give me some direction.
Please help need to sent these attachments into emails.

thanks

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply. (Bhikkhu Pesala, Moderator)
OOo 3.0.X on MS Windows Vista
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Opening WPS Files

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

It is better to stick to one question per post. Your main problem seems to be opening WPS files, so I will answer that.

WPS files are from Microsoft Works. Probably MS Works was installed on your old PC, but is not installed on your new Vista PC. Install the program if you have the installation CDs, open them in Works, and save them as DOC or RTF files, which OpenOffice Writer can read.

See this thread
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Opening WPS Files

Post by TheGurkha »

If you don't have access to MS Works anymore, check out Zamzar which is a free on-line file conversion program.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust