[Dropped] Updated Mac...Then Open Office will not open

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
KneelerTequila

[Dropped] Updated Mac...Then Open Office will not open

Post by KneelerTequila »

This is not what I wanted at all. Technophobe here. But nice. Please help.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Dropped: No response from KneelerTequila -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
MrProgrammer

Re: Updated Mac...Then Open Office will not open.

Post by MrProgrammer »

KneelerTequila wrote:Please help.
Perhaps you should restart your computer. Mac FAQ maybe Q01. No further help from me until you describe the situation in detail. Explain what you did, what happened, and what you expected to happen. Give exact text of any messages.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
KneelerTequila

Post by KneelerTequila »

Oh right, thanks so much.
There were updates ready to be installed for my MacBook Air ( model from 2013). After I updated it, I tried to open OO and it quits immediately. A pop up message appears on screen saying open office quite unexpectedly.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

KneelerTequila wrote:Technophobe here.
For technophobes, the best path is to use Apple's iWork suite instead of OpenOffice, since it comes pre-installed on MacOS and Apple will keep it update-to-date when it installs MacOS updates. See Mac FAQ Q59/A59. Like many MacOS users, I do not experience the problem that you report and have no specific advice for you beyond what is in Mac FAQ. Do let us know what you discover.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).